Search This Blog

Whole30 - Part Two, Take Two (Or Whole21?)

1/01/2013 *Sara-Marie* 0 Comments

Beautiful winter morning on the day we left MA. This is Mark's parents' backyard :)

As I mentioned a few weeks ago, we were not successful during our attempt to do a second Whole30. I started making a conscience effort to eating cleaner and working out more under the "Operation Beach Bod" title. I think this was my subconscious way of allowing myself to indulge over the Christmas week and not feel like I was ruining another attempt at a Whole30. But as of 12/31/12, Mark and I are no longer playing games and we are going to follow the Whole30 rules for the next 21 days. Why 21? Well we are leaving for Puerto Rico on January 20th and we are going to enjoy the Caribbean delights!

So here we are at a Whole30 - Part 2, Take 2. Or should we just call it Whole21?

Whole21 Eats - Day 1 
12/31/12

Meal 1: sorry no picture, but we had two eggs + all natural sausage links + an orange

Meal 2: I woke up with a horrible cold so I was craving something comforting and I was also not in the mood to cook anything. I simply threw a sweet potato in the microwave for 5 1/2 minutes and enjoyed that with some ghee and rosemary.
Meal 3: I started to get really hungry around dinner time so I made myself some mocha rub steak and some roasted cabbage.

To make the cabbage, I cut into wedges and drizzled with olive oil, fresh lemon juice, salt and pepper. I then roasted in the oven at 450 degrees for 15 minutes, carefully flipped, then roasted for another 15 minutes. It's pretty tasty.
The cabbage before hitting the hot oven!
Did you know that cabbage is an excellent source of vitamins K & C, as well as very good sources of folate, fiber and manganese? Outside of coleslaw, I've never eaten too much cabbage, but now I'm going to keep it in rotation! 

I was also pretty snacky throughout the day so I snacked on oranges and baby carrots throughout the day.

Overall - successful day!

Now if only this annoying cold would go away I could actually work out!


Whole21 Eats - Day 2
1/1/13

Happy New Year!

Meal 1: We started the New Year with a big, hearty breakfast: Sweet Potato and Sausage Frittata!

It was super filling and super yummy!

Meal 2: I had some left over sweet potato and avocado from earlier so I just munched on that.

Meal 3: Garlic Chicken with Roasted Veggies over Mixed Greens - always an easy meal to throw together!


And as I type this, I'm having an orange. I'm hoping the extra Vitamin C will help me get over this cold faster! It really sucks (excuse my language) being sick for the third time in about 6 weeks. What's up with that?!
2 days down - 19 more to go! We can do this!

You Might Also Like

0 comments: