Search This Blog

I ATE THE COOKIE...

2/24/2011 *Sara-Marie* 0 Comments

...AND I DON'T FEEL GUILTY AT ALL!

Today, my coworker came into work with a tub full of homemade chocolate chip cookies. When you're trying to lose weight, that can mean DISASTER! So I contemplated my options and weighed the pros and cons:

Option 1
Kindly say "No, thank-you" when she came around and put the perfectly golden and chocolately goodness directly under my little nose.

Pro:
I would feel empowered, knowing that I could deny myself the sweet treat and still remain on my eating plan for the day.

Cons:
I don't get to eat the cookie.
My co-worker might get sad.
I would probably crave it for the rest of the day and then end of splurging on something much worse before bed time.

Option 2
Kindly say "Yes, I'll take 5!"

Pros:
I would get to enjoy 5 delicious cookies.
My coworker would be happy to know that I trust her baking abilities.

Cons:
I would totally throw off my eating plan for the rest of the day.
I would most likely feel horrible after I did it.

Option 3
Kindly say, "Yes, I'll have just one and don't let me have any more!"

Pros:
I would get to savor and truly enjoy one chocolate chip cookie.
I would feel strong and completely in control knowing that I could treat myself (within moderation) and still keep on plan!

Cons:
THERE ARE NONE!

Clearly, I chose option 3 and I enjoyed that classic, American baked perfection...completely guilt-free.

Here's to healthy eating for the rest of the day!

XOXO

You Might Also Like

0 comments: