Search This Blog

60 Days of Whole30 - Results

2/27/2015 *Sara-Marie* 5 Comments

If you've been following me on Instagram or Facebook, then you know that I have been following the Whole30 program since the end of December with a goal of reaching 100 days of Whole30. Since I have completed four separate rounds of Whole30 in the past, this experience so far has truly been a breeze. I've never felt more committed and dedicated to eating only real, nutrient dense foods than I am right now. Yes, there have been crazy days when all I have wanted was for my husband to pick up some takeout on the way home. There have also been days when I've craved a piece of chocolate. But I have been able to overcome all of the cravings by simply preparing wholesome and delicious meals and reminding myself why I am doing this program.

My past experiences with Whole30 have always been great - I've lost weight, felt less bloated, had clearer skin, slept better, and had more energy. Since my first 30 days back in August 2012, we began incorporating a Paleo lifestyle with our occasional treats for special occasions or if we just felt like having pizza, we had pizza. I maintained my weight loss for the most part, but after having my daughter at the end of October 2013, I had a lot of weight to lose again. I did two Whole30s in 2014 and began to do Crossfit. These all helped me lose about 25 pounds throughout the year, but once the holidays came around, I gained some weight back. I feel as though I completely let loose and negated all of the progress I made throughout the year. I decided to embark on a Whole100 on December 29, 2014 because I really wanted to see what an extended Whole30 program would do for me.

Let me tell you that it has been the best experience so far. Today, I'm on Day 61 and while I lost almost 6 pounds in the first 30 days, I feel as though I'm experiencing the best results now 31 days past the initial program. My body composition is definitely changing. My clothes are fitting WAY better. My bloat is gone. Today I'm actually on my monthly cycle, and I typically gain 5 pounds of water weight and look like I'm 3 months pregnant. But I don't see that in my photo today! I would love to say that I'm sleeping better - but I have an almost 16 month old that has been crazy at night. However, despite the sleep deprivation, I am able to hold it together throughout the day with more energy - so that's still a win!

The funniest part of all of this is that when I weighed myself this morning, I didn't lose one fraction of a pound since Day 30. Maybe it is because I'm on my monthly cycle and I did in fact gain some water weight that is hiding my actual weight loss. Maybe not. Some would say that means the program isn't working, but it clearly is. Look at the difference in that picture above from Day 21 and Day 61! I thank God I have been taking pictures because if I didn't see this physical proof, I probably would be feeling terrible today about not losing any more weight. But I'm not mad, I'm actually feeling great and so motivated to continue on this journey.

In fact, I may never get on the scale again. It truly doesn't tell my whole story. Who cares anyway how much force is exerted on my body by gravity? I just care about how I look and feel, and gosh darnit, I think I'm looking pretty good and feeling even better.

XOXO,
SMP

 

You Might Also Like

5 comments:

  1. Question, cuz I can't remember, did you do whole30/paleo while you were pregnant?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't do a strict Whole30, but I ate paleo I would say 70% of the time. There was a time when all I wanted was crackers so I ate them for like a month haha.

      Delete
  2. You know, I really, REALLY wanted to read about your experience with Whole30, but the freaking menu at the top of your page TAKES UP HALF OF THE SCREEN and won't go away!! What's the deal???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Sorry you're having that experience, but I am not having that same problem. Are you on a phone or computer?

      Delete
  3. Are You Having Problems STICKING with the Paleo Diet?

    Want to eat some tasty recipes TONIGHT?

    Check out this book: Paleohacks Cookbook.

    ReplyDelete