Search This Blog

Faith Without Action is Dead

3/01/2015 *Sara-Marie* 1 Comments


Faith is powerful, but it requires us to take action.

God's word says that if we have faith as small as a mustard seed, we could tell that mountain to move and it would move. So even if we have "enough" faith as the scripture says, we still have to TELL the mountain to move, in order for it to move. We can't just think it and believe it, we have to ACT on our faith.

These words apply to every area of our lives. When I think about my health journey, I know that I must not only have faith that I will see a change in my life, but I have to act on it. I have to ask God for wisdom every day to help me make the right decisions and then I must go and actually make those choices. We can't pray for God to help us lose weight, battle our addiction to food, and heal us of our medical conditions, if we are still binge eating on ice-cream and cookies. It's just not going to work.

So I pray today, that through this scripture you find motivation to step out of your comfort zone. To take a leap of faith. To take one action that leads you closer to your goals - whatever they may be. God promises to give you the strength to continue in this race, but you have to keep walking.

XOXO, 
SMP

You Might Also Like

1 comment: