Search This Blog

Balsamic Lime Roasted Chicken Recipe

8/29/2015 *Sara-Marie* 1 Comments


"Hmm, I could really go for some Balsamic Chicken," I thought to myself one day as I quickly looked through my kitchen to see what ingredients I had on hand. I didn't have what I needed for my Pomegranate Balsamic Chicken but I had enough to hopefully make something delicious. I also only had a pack of bone-in split chicken breasts and drumsticks so I knew my typical method of cooking on the stove top wasn't going to work. Lo and behold, this recipe was born and it was so incredibly delicious. The fresh lime at the end adds a subtle zing that I loved. Isabelle, my almost 2 year old, also couldn't stop asking for more.

BALSAMIC LIME ROASTED CHICKEN

Recipe Ingredients 
About 4 lbs of bone-in chicken pieces (I used 2 split breasts and 4 drumsticks)
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 TSP salt
1 TSP pepper
2 sprigs of fresh rosemary, finely chopped 
1 lime, juiced 
Chopped fresh basil, to garnish

Recipe Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. 
  2. Prepare marinade by whisking together the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, Dijon mustard, garlic, salt, pepper, and rosemary.
  3. In a large baking dish or roasting pan, add your chicken pieces. Pour marinade over chicken and toss to coat.
  4. Roast the chicken uncovered for about 45 minutes, until just cooked through.
  5. Carefully transfer the chicken to a clean plate and again, very carefully pour the remaining cooking liquid left in the pan into a small saucepan. If you have a lot of excess oil, you'll want to skim from the top. 
  6. Add in the juice from one lime and boil until the sauce reduces by about half and thickens to coat the back of a spoon. This can take about 6-8 minutes.
  7. Pour the balsamic lime reduction over the chicken and sprinkle with fresh basil.
Enjoy!

Until next time,
SMP

You Might Also Like

1 comment: