Search This Blog

*Weigh-In Wednesdays - May 11, 2011*

5/11/2011 *Sara-Marie* 0 Comments

Due to my gain last week of 1.4, my one to-do this week was to just LOSE WEIGHT. Of course this is my to-do every week, but I had to have a good week to recover from the last two weeks.

This week wasn't easy either. I'm still averaging a higher intake of Points values per day than I used to on a good week when I was living in MA. But I was much better. I tracked my food everyday except Sunday. That was the day I dropped Mark off at the Academy and if you know me well, you know that I'm an emotional eater. Knowing that Mark is going to lose so much weight at the Academy got me focused again on Monday morning. I have to keep up!!

Gain/Loss Since Last Wednesday = -2
Total Loss = -20.6

What I did well this week:
- I earned 12 Activity Points. This is no where near the 30-35 points I was averaging last month, but my runs have been shorter as I get used to knew terrain. Each time I go out for about 20-25 minutes, I'm only earning 2 points. Plus I used to also walk for an hour or do P90X with my workout buddies (Laurie, Kristin, Jill, Leah -- Miss you!) I've been taking Jubilee on my runs -- she rides her bike alongside me -- but sometimes that slows me down because I have to be more careful and aware of what she is doing. I love spending the time with her though and glad she's getting more activity in now that I'm around!
- I bought some healthy foods so I have no excuse in making a good food choice.
-
I started Week 4 in the Couch to 5K program. I was nervous, but pleasantly surprised to find myself able to run at a steady pace for 5 minutes at a time! That's the longest interval I've ever been able to do. Feels great knowing that I'm getting stronger!
- Started a new "20 Minute Full Body Workout Circuit" with Melissa yesterday. Never knew I could sweat so much in such a small amount of time! My legs are super sore today -- it must have worked. We are going to do this routine 3x a week -- this should help increase my activity points and weekly progress!

What I could have done better this week:
-
Still working on the food intake. I've been pretty good with breakfast and lunch, but dinner is always the challenge. I'm trying to leave a good amount of points left for dinner, serve myself on a small plate, etc -- but my family is the type to sit at the dinner table for an hour just talking even after everyone is finished eating. With the food still displayed in front of me, I find myself nibbling on extra food. I need to exercise some more will power or start clearing that table once I know we've all had enough!

Monthly Progress Reports April 13 - May 11

As you can see this week was much better. I was able to lose the 1.4 I gained last week + an additional .6 lb. I have to feel good about that! I'm still 4.4 lbs away from my next weight loss goal of losing 25 lbs by June 1st. Seems like a lot of weight in just 3 weeks, but I'm going to give it my best shot!

Until next time...

You Might Also Like

0 comments: