Search This Blog

Must make Brussels sprouts recipe!

10/06/2012 *Sara-Marie* 2 Comments

I'm traveling this week so I'm using the Blogger app to post. If you've ever used it before you know that it's not the best, but it gets the job done!

Earlier this week, I made the most delicious Brussels sprouts ever. I based the recipe on one I found on Pinterest (http://cookieandkate.com/2012/roasted-brussels-sprouts-with-cranberries-and-barley/).

I eliminated the dairy and the barley and still ended up with the best Brussels sprouts ever. Like for real.

Ingredients:

About a pound of Brussels sprouts, stems removed and halved
Salt, to taste
1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup of dried cranberries
1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp of pure maple syrup
1/3 cup of toasted pecans

Directions:
1. Preheat oven broiler (high)
2. Heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat
3. Toss cut Brussels sprouts in a bowl with olive oil and salt
4. Once skillet is hot enough, dump those cute little cabbages into the pan and quickly turn them so the flat cut side is on the skillet.
5. Let cook for 3-4 minutes
6. Throw in cranberries and transport the skillet into your oven
7. Let broil for 2-3 minutes
8. Remove from oven, toss in pecans, balsamic, and maple syrup. Taste and add more salt if needed.
9. Enjoy the most delicious vegetable side dish ever.

I have to admit, I ate an entire batch for breakfast on Wednesday and made them again for dinner that night. I'm obsessed.


Paired with some delicious ribeye

You Might Also Like

2 comments:

  1. Last week I would not have believed you that brussel sprouts could be delicious, but then Craig made some that were scrumptious. So now I believe you. I'll give this a try next time I have some. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! They are so good! I started eating them when I started the Whole30!

      Delete