Search This Blog

Oh blog, how I missed thee!

10/02/2012 *Sara-Marie* 9 Comments

It's been over a week since I wrote a post, and I was actually really missing my blog! I used to go months between posts, but now I feel like my blog is more a part of my regular routine and I miss when I can't spend time on it! I'm also behind on reading up on my blogger friends!

Work has been REALLY BUSY plus a lot of random things were going on over the last week or so. Today's post is a mix between a random event update + a good food recap. Enjoy getting caught up on my life! :)

EVENT HIGHLIGHTS:
My daddy returned safely from Haiti! Thank you for the prayers!
I received my iPhone 5!
I fit into a Size SMALL shirt! Snug, but it fit! :)
I cried at my best friend Vivian's 3D Ultrasound! Auntie can't wait to meet you Baby Ethan!
My handsome nephew on Picture Day
I got sick.
My hubby took care of me...
Then Hubby got sick. He's going to kill me for posting this picture!
Sick and all, we went to the range...you should be scared. I have great aim.
Note to self: Don't wear a low cut shirt when shooting a gun. Hot brass will go into your shirt and burn your chest.
I bought this fresh new blazer. I was invited to speak at a Youth/Young Adult church service, so I wanted to look professional, yet still fabulous! ;)
After the church service, I drove to NJ to attend my friend Julissa's baby shower! Isn't she so pretty?! I have lots of pregnant friends right now.
AND I got to see my other bestie - STEPHANIE! It was an action packed day! Cathy was there too :)
Now, I have to admit that I did a little bit of nutritional off-roading, but tried my best to stay as close to Whole30 compliant as possible. But let me tell you, the tres leche baby shower cake was definitely worth it. 

Here's my GOOD FOOD RECAP: 
While I was sick, this chicken & veggie soup totally hit the spot.
Another comforting meal during this time was my Bowl of Comfortliciousness
Veggies before getting roasted...
While veggies roasted, I browned some italian sausage and then deglazed the pan with balsamic.
All mixed together and ready to consume. YUMMY.
Zoodles + garlic herb chicken in a tomato basil sauce
2 fried eggs + 1/2 plantain = my favorite breakfast
my new favorite breakfast: cashew butter + fruit jam omelet! I made this again this morning and added sliced bananas - AMAZING!
Our new Sunday Night Football Pig Out Session - without any of the guilt!
My adorable husband staying strong on his Whole30, even while dining out!
My plate during our little date
Garlic herb chicken breasts + broccoli
Balsamic & Sundried tomato chicken breasts over some greens
Today's lunch time sprint - yummy salads for lunch + dinner for Mark's evening shift
 I would like to give another shout out to my mother-in-law who successfully completed her Whole30 on Sunday! GO MOMMA POPS!

My husband is also on DAY 30 today - and he looks GREAT! I can't wait to throw him on the scale tomorrow morning!

And my sister is on Day 15! Woo hoo - I love seeing my family taking steps towards healthier lives. It helps me to stay motivated too, knowing I'm not the only crazy one :)

Until next time,
SMP

You Might Also Like

9 comments:

  1. Awesome blog post! <3 all the pix, the news, & thank you for inspiring us with your commitment and example! Proud of you! XO Momma Pops...xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Momma! You're too sweet! Can't wait to see the new and improved you! Didn't know it was possible! ;)

      Delete
  2. Wow! What a week and through it all you look amazing (not to mention thin in your new shirt) - You inspire me! FYI for anyone thats afraid to give up dairy in the their coffee - after 2 weeks - coconut milk is delicious in my coffee and I don't miss cream at all! Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you so much Maria. I'm glad that I'm able to help you on your journey! Coconut milk is amazing, isn't it?

      Delete
  3. I'm on day 8 of whole30! Thanks for the meal ideas and inspiration! You're looking fab :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anonymous! Good luck on the rest of your journey. It's definitely worth the effort!

      Delete
  4. You are gorgeous in that blazer. Where did you get it?

    Also, I would just like to say that you GAVE ME A HEART ATTACK! I was reading the blog without really reading it, just kind of perusing the pictures. I saw the picture of you modeling the shirt, then the ultrasound. I was like OMG SARA IS PREGNANT!! Yeash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I purchased the blazer at Kohls. As soon as I saw it, I knew I had to have it!

      And sorry for the heart attack! I'm sure you would know before I posted anything about a pregnancy on the blog!

      Delete