Search This Blog

Operation Beach Bod - Day 1

12/22/2012 *Sara-Marie* 1 Comments

We officially booked our anniversary trip to Puerto Rico!!! Woot! Woot!

You know what that means?

First, almost a whole year has passed since our wedding day! Where did this year go? It seems like just yesterday I was tweaking out about last minute details and praying God would provide every last penny that we needed. Of course, He did, because He is an AWESOME GOD! And we had an AMAZING wedding. Maybe I'm just biased.

Second, this means I really need to get my act together and eat as cleanly as possible (I will allow a little flexibility on Christmas) and exercise more regularly. Even if its just a few rounds of push-ups, sit-ups and squats - they must get done!

Blogging daily really does help keep me focused and accountable, so I'm going to do it! Even if the posts are wordless and just include 3 pictures of my meals, I'm going to post it. I HAVE TO DO IT!

I want to look and feel my best while on the hot sandy beach!

So today starts 
OPERATION BEACH BOD - DAY 1!

Good Eats

Pre-work out meal (because I woke up starving): 1 egg scrambled in a little coconut oil.

a little fresh cilantro goes a long way to make this very simple meal feel special!

Workout: I did 7 rounds! Tomorrow I'm gonna push for 8!

Post-workout meal: 2 eggs fried in coconut oil, 1/2 small avocado, handful of baby carrots


Dinner: Dinner was SOOOOO GOOD tonight. Roasted Veggies (Brussels sprouts, red peppers, red onions) + mocha rub ribeye steak topped with a fried egg. (I know I ate lots of eggs today!)

Definitely hit the spot!
Tonight's dinner almost didn't happen. Mark was out finishing up some Christmas shopping, I was driving back from visiting my friend Julissa and her newborn baby in NJ, and Mark suggested "picking something up" on his way home. That's code word for something not so healthy, but convenient when we're busy. That has been the death of us lately and I was not going to let it happen again. Not after waking up this morning with renewed motivation! So I called Mark and reminded him that I would soon be home and that I could quickly throw dinner together. Thank God, I was able to keep my promise and deliver a wonderful, nutritious meal. This dinner was so yummy, so worth a little extra effort and so worth waiting another 30 minutes. 

Good, real food really does taste better than anything else we could order from a restaurant or get through a drive thru. Not only does it taste better, but I feel guilt-free enjoying it. And it's cheaper too!

We just have to keep reminding ourselves of that!


What helps YOU get through those nights when you are really hungry, really busy, and really tempted to just call the local pizzeria or chinese restaurant? 

You Might Also Like

1 comment:

  1. 3 Researches REVEAL How Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    This means that you literally get rid of fat by consuming Coconut Fat (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from big medicinal journals are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete