Search This Blog

Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Apple, Peppers, and Onions Recipe

1/10/2014 *Sara-Marie* 0 Comments

Veggie Close Up! Just before hitting the oven
Tonight, I decided to roast all of the veggies I had left in the fridge. That included a big bag of Brussels sprouts, a green and red bell pepper, and a red onion. I added olive oil and seasoned with salt, pepper, and Herbes de Provence like I typically do. Then I saw this lonely green apple in my fruit bowl. Would that taste good roasted as well? It was worth a shot! I chopped it up and threw it in the mix. Let me tell you, it was a lovely sweet surprise! You should definitely try it. 
Colorful veggies make me happy.
I paired the roasted veggies with some balsamic chicken and it was a fabulous dinner. 


Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Apple, Peppers, and Onions Recipe

Recipe Ingredients:
2-3 Cups of Brussels Sprouts, trimmed and halved
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 red onion, chopped
1 green apple, chopped, skin on
2-3 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp of herbes de Provence, or to taste
salt & pepper to taste

Recipe Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  2. Dice all vegetables and apple so that they are all around the same size and place on a large baking sheet.
  3. Drizzle enough extra-virgin olive oil so that  all vegetables are coated.
  4. Generously add salt, pepper and herbes de Provence.
  5. Roast for 30 minutes.
  6. Toss, taste test, add more salt/pepper if needed.
  7. Enjoy!

You Might Also Like

0 comments: