Search This Blog

Whole30 2014: Days 1-10

1/16/2014 *Sara-Marie* 0 Comments

Mark and I are currently doing another Whole30! I'm not sure if it's because we've done it before or because it's a new year - but I'm really pumped about it. I'm also finding it super easy this time around. I'm not going hungry. I'm not stressing over meal plans.

 I'm just doing it.

To read about our first experiences with the Whole30, go here (my story) and here (Mark's story).

I'm already feeling like I have more energy, especially with a 2 month old child and just starting to get back to work this week. Also, TMI ALERT, Isabelle has been so much less gassy since I've cleaned up the diet again. Apparently, she prefers her breastmilk to be Whole30 compliant too.
Milk coma
So we all know I like to photograph my meals - I love food that looks pretty and I love to share ideas with all of you. I didn't always get the chance to snap a pic of every meal (especially when I had repeats), but below are a few of the delicious meals we have enjoyed while being on the Whole30 over the first 10 days. Enjoy!

Organic apple sausage, sweet potato, apple slices, over mixed greens and Tessamae's Italian Dressing

Roasted Brussels Sprouts with apples and other veggies with balsamic chicken
A close of of those Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Apples and Peppers and Onions, just before hitting the oven.
Beef Stew-ish meal with sweet potatoes, peppers and onions

Fried egg, ground beef, and salsa over mixed greens.
Speaking of Salsa

Roasted Butternut Squash, Sweet Potato, and Rutabaga with ground beef
Ground Beef Stuffed Omelet with Avocado and Cilantro

Leftover roasted veggies, two eggs, and paleo walnut pesto sauce
Paleo Walnut Pesto Sauce Recipe - So good, I started putting it on everything!
Walnut Pesto Chicken with Zucchini Noodles

Walnut Pesto Chicken with Sauteed Shaved Brussels Sprouts

When on the go, ask about Panera's hidden menu! With a few tweaks, this salad is A-OK!
"Sara's Chicken" over mixed greens, sweet potato, tomato, and kalamata olives
Leftover roasted veggies are so helpful and make another appearance in this salad with organic, sugarfree chicken sausage

Here are those roasted veggies again! This time over some scrambled eggs :)

2 eggs nestled in some mashed sweet potato
 You see? Doing the Whole30 is easy! 20 more days!

You Might Also Like

0 comments: