Cinnamon Roasted Sweet Potato & Apple Recipe
I came up with this super simple side dish earlier this fall when I had a surplus of apples that I had to use up. I was on a Whole30 at the time, so I couldn't make apple crisp or apple pie, so I thought, hmm, how would this taste roasted with some sweet potato? The answer: AMAZING.
CINNAMON ROASTED SWEET POTATO AND APPLE RECIPE
1-2 large sweet potatoes, cubed
3 organic apples, cubed slightly bigger than the sweet potatoes
1-2 TBSP of melted ghee or cooking fat of choice
cinnamon, to taste
salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Prep sweet potato and apples, cubing the apples a bit bigger than the sweet potato because the apples cook down faster. I don't bother peeling the sweet potato or apples, but feel free if you'd like.
- Add cubed sweet potato and apples to a large bowl and add melted ghee or other cooking fat of choice (olive oil, coconut oil, etc). Add a few pinches of salt and sprinkle with cinnamon. With a large spoon, toss the cubes until every piece is well coated with ghee, salt, and cinnamon.
- Lay the sweet potato and apple cubes on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Roast, uncovered, for about 30 minutes or until done. Your house will smell AMAZING.
Until next time!