Italian Herb Roasted Red Potatoes Recipe
Even though white potatoes are now allowed on the Whole30, I'm trying not to over do it. I love getting an array of different vegetables in while doing a Whole30, so white potatoes will be more of a treat than an every day thing!
And when that treat comes, I will be making these simple Italian herb roasted red potatoes. They come together in no time at all and are just the carby goodness you sometimes need.
ITALIAN HERB ROASTED RED POTATOES RECIPE
3 lbs of small red potatoes, quartered
2-3 TBSP of cooking fat of choice, I used olive oil
2 TBSP dried Italian herb seasoning*
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Prep potatoes. I prefer to leave the skin on, but you can peel if you'd like.
- Add quartered potatoes to a large bowl and drizzle olive oil or other cooking fat of choice (avocado oil, coconut oil, etc). Liberally season with salt, pepper, and Italian herb seasoning mix. With a large spoon, toss the potatoes until every piece is well coated with oil and seasonings.
- Lay the potatoes on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Roast, uncovered, for about 30-40 minutes or until done, flipping halfway through.
*My Italian Herb seasoning mix has marjoram, oregano, thyme, rosemary, savory, basil, and sage. Feel free to just use those herbs if you don't have a mix handy!
Until next time!