Nuggets of Wisdom - Part II (Vision & Hope)*Nuggets of Wisdom - Part II: Taken from the book The Richest Man Who Ever Lived, by Steven K. Scott. This is by no means an attempt to plagiarize, just taking note of this amazing teaching!*
"A VISION is a precise, clearly defined goal with a detailed plan and timetable for achieving that goal." (Page 33)
Proverbs 29:18 - "Where there is no vision, the people perish."
How to Gain a Vision for Your Top Priorities (You'll need a few separate sheets of paper!)
- Write a clear and precise description of your most important dreams in any given area.
- Create a "Goals Page" for that specific dream. Make a list of the specific, intermediate goals that need to be achieved to fulfill that dream.
- Create a page for each goal and label those pages "Goals to Steps" and list the intermediate goal you want to achieve and then list the steps that need to be taken to achieve that goal.
- Next, take any complex step in your list of steps that requires the completion of more than on task and create a "Steps to Tasks" page. List the specific tasks that need to be completed to take that step.
- The final step in this process is to assign completion dates to each task and step.
MY TOP 5 PRIORITIES: My relationship with God, my marriage, my future children, my family, and my health. (It's interesting how my top 5 priorities didn't include my career!)
"HOPE is a well-founded and confident belief that a specific vision (goal, desire, or promise) will be achieved or fulfilled within a specified amount of time." (Page 42)
Proverbs 13:12 - "Hope deferred makes the heart sick: but desire fulfilled is a tree of life."
"When hope is put off, you lose your emotional energy and your motivation. Your creativity and productivity begin to plummet. You withdraw. Sooner or later, you give up on the vision or dream altogether. Give up too many dreams, and living becomes little more than just getting by." (Page 43)
BUT like Proverbs 13:12 says, "desire fulfilled is a tree of life!"
Our power source should be vision and our fuel should be hope!