Search This Blog

I'm back!

3/06/2012 *Sara-Marie* 2 Comments

I have made a decision to start blogging more often. I know I've said that before, but I know how it keeps me motivated on many different fronts and I would love to make it a part of my everyday life.

As many of you already know, I am on a journey to a healthier, slimmer, more awesome version of myself.

For the last couple months I struggled with motivation and finding time to workout. I gained about 8 lbs from my lowest in December and about a week or so ago, I vowed to get myself back on track! As of last Wednesday's weigh in, I am down 1.6 of those 8 lbs, but I'm hoping for a good weigh in tomorrow. I can't wait to get back down to my lowest (let's call it "X") and then focus on my next goal of losing 9 more pounds after that.

But I am feeling GREAT this week. I made myself a new workout calendar incorporating "Couch to 5K" training as well as swimming and some strength training. So far over the last 4 days, I've earned 9 Activity Points which is more than I've done in a LONG time.

Plus, I've filled our kitchen with lots of healthy alternatives!

I know that I love reading about different low-point meal options to keep things interesting, so I'm going to also start sharing more about my meals in my posts. Hope that it helps someone! :)

Today for breakfast, I was in the mood for a good hearty breakfast:

Chicken Sausage - 4 pts
1 egg - 2 pts
orange - 0 pts
coffee, black - 0 pts


Snack:
1/2 oz of sunflower seeds - 2pts

Lunch:

2 mini wraps - 2 pts
4 oz of sliced turkey - 2 pts
2 tbsp of hummus - 1 pt
orange - 0 pts
pickle - 0 pts

Afternoon Snack:
cup of black tea, 1/2 oz of sliced almonds - 2 pts

Preworkout Drink:
1/2 scoop of protein -  1 pt
4 oz of skim milk - 1 pt

Dinner:


small potato - 2 pts
turmeric chicken stir fry - 7 pts

After dinner snack:
Weight Watchers Strawberry Fro Yo Pop - 2 pts 

Let's see if this week's work pays off on the scale tomorrow!

**Crossing Fingers**

You Might Also Like

2 comments:

  1. Yay!! I missed you! You need to post pics of your wedding on here! Especially ones of my bambino. And you and Mark too I guess. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I will! And I'm sorry for the delay. There are just 1300 pictures and since they are all high quality/high MB files, it totally slows down my computer when I start to organize them. SOOO, I've been a bit of a procrastinator on this front. But I gotta sit down this weekend and do it -- many people are demanding photos! :)

    ReplyDelete