Search This Blog

Guilt-free dessert: banana-pineapple sorbet!

6/29/2012 *Sara-Marie* 0 Comments

This is so me and Mark! When it comes to ice-cream, he doesn't understand portion control! Love you babe!

There is something about having an after dinner treat that just resonates with so many people. Mark LOVES his ice cream so the temptation is always in the house.

For a couple of months now I've been researching how to make healthy ice cream alternatives at home and I believe I have finally perfected my recipe! AND, it's so stinkin' easy too.


What you will need:
1/2 frozen very ripe banana*
1/2 cup to 1 cup of frozen pineapple chunks (no sugar added, just straight up fruit)
Drizzle of honey
A really good blender, food processor or ninja blender like I have.

*when your banana turn too ripe to eat, peel the banana, cut in half, stick in freezer bag and freeze so you always have some frozen bananas on hand! They work best in this recipe when they are really frozen so make sure to freeze for at least a few hours before attempting.

Step 1: Add frozen banana and frozen pineapple to blender/processor

Step 2: Start processing slowly until small chunks form. With a spoon, scrape down sides and continue pulsing away.

Trust me, this will turn into something wonderful, despite how it looks now.
Step 3: Keep pulsing until all of a sudden it turns into a creamy, ice-cream like substance! It could take a while but don't give up!
Only two ingredients: frozen banana and frozen pineapple!
Step 4: Serve in a pretty glass and drizzle some honey!
Now, ain't that the cutest thang!
This is really delicious and satisfies my sweet tooth! It also works amazingly well with frozen mangoes! I've tried with frozen strawberries, and while the taste is good, the consistency is not as creamy as with the pineapples or mangoes. Don't know why! But I'm sure any combination would be wonderful!

Do you have any guilt free dessert recipes up your sleeves?




You Might Also Like

0 comments: