Search This Blog

It's been a while!

6/28/2012 *Sara-Marie* 0 Comments

It's been a busy couple of weeks and I haven't had the time to sit down and update everyone on my ever-so-interesting life ;) !

I just downloaded the blogger app on my phone to see if maybe it is easier to do quick blog posts on the go. Especially since Mark's MacBook died and he has taken over mine! (because reading video game strategy guides and YouTube videos are SOOO much more important!)

Anyway, over the last two weeks I did gain 1.2 lbs, but I'm not that concerned. I traveled two weeks in a row for work and tried my best to maintain my healthy lifestyle. Usually I gain a lot more during my travel weeks so I'm actually surprised it was only about a pound. After getting back to PA on Sunday night, I've been really good with my food choices and I've been getting my exercise in! As of this morning, I lost 1.4 lbs, so I know I'm on the right track!

On Monday, at work, we also started a company wide fitness challenge over the next 12 weeks. (It's called "Ready. Set. Go!") We created teams and are competing in three categories: steps taken, exercise minutes, and percentage of weight loss. My job even sent me a fancy pedometer!

My personal goals for this challenge are to take 70,000 steps per week, 150 exercise minutes per week, and lose 1 lb per week. There are some cool prizes for the team that wins in each category so I'm pretty excited! A little competition is healthy! I will be updating my weight loss tracker page to reflect the new weight loss goals (1 lb per week, 12 pounds loss by 9/16) and will be posting weekly on my progress!

And for those that are interested in what I've been eating lately:

I bought like 3 pounds of sweet potatoes the other day for less than $2 so I've been getting creative with them. This was absolutely delicious - I'm calling it sweet potato salad? I diced and roasted sweet potato, zucchini, and cauliflower. Then I made a slightly spicy roasted red pepper dressing and mixed in some fresh cilantro. It was amazing. Sweet + Spicy = WIN!

This was a one egg scramble with left over baked sweet potato fries. Quite good and filling!
what we like to call the paleo style burger: lean, grass fed beef burger, guacamole, salsa, 1 slice of bacon, in between two large slices of romaine. It's messy, but fun to eat and you DO NOT miss the bun!
steak salad with mangoes and avocado
post workout dinner: 1/2 sweet potato (good, clean carbs), steamed broccoli (veggies), guacamole (good fat), and lean steak on a bed of greens (protein). Oh and by the way, if you've never tried sweet potato seasoned with salt, pepper and  rosemary, you definitely should. Like RIGHT NOW. Go.
Crispy Kale Chips and country style boneless beef ribs

1/2 sweet potato, 3 oz of sliced turkey, and 1 egg plain omelet
Another steak salad with a side of cauliflower that I made on the grill (wrapped in tinfoil)
More salad! This time with yummy grilled chicken.
2 eggs scrambled, 1 slice of bacon, 1 watermelon wedge and some berries. Very satisfying breakfast!





You Might Also Like

0 comments: