My Fresh Salsa and Guacamole Recipes
Fresh Salsa Recipe
|the ripe avocados are for the guacamole|
- 1 large can of petite diced tomatoes (28 oz)
- 1 large onion (red or yellow, today, I had a red onion)
- 2 jalapeños, seeds removed unless you want it super spicy!
- 2 limes
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 2-3 handfuls of fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pour all contents of the can of diced tomatoes into a large bowl. Do not drain.
- Either dice the onion, jalapeños, garlic and cilantro by hand or throw into a mini food processor like I did tonight:
|To give a little moisture to help this all blend together, I juiced one of the limes and added before pulsing|
4. Salt & pepper to taste. Be sure to add the lime juice before salting. Lemon and limes give the same taste bud reaction as salt, so often times you don't need as much salt as you think for it to taste yummy!
5. Chill for 15 minutes to allow the flavors to really blend.
|Voila! Easy, fresh, and delicious salsa!|
Super Easy Guacamole Recipe
Once you have the salsa made above, you can make delicious guacamole in less than 3 minutes. Have you ever noticed that the same ingredients in salsa are also in guacamole? One day, I just decided to add my homemade salsa to some ripe avocado and it turned out into wonderful guacamole right before my eyes. I've been making it this way ever since!
- Ripe avocados
- Fresh, already made salsa (like the one above!)
- Dash of salt and pepper
- Find yourself some ripe avocados. When they are soft to the touch (but not too soft), they are ready. Slice the avocados in half and scoop out the avocado with a spoon.
- Mash the avocado with a fork in a medium sized bowl.
- Add 3-4 heaping tablespoons (or more or less depending on the amount of avocado you're working with) of fresh, already made salsa to the mashed avocado.
- Mix the salsa and avocado together until well combined.
- Taste and add more salsa until it's just right. Finish off with a dash of salt and pepper!