Search This Blog

Adobo Lime Roasted Chicken Recipe

11/06/2014 *Sara-Marie* 1 Comments


My go-to roasted chicken recipe is "Sara's Chicken" but sometimes, like tonight, I only have 5 minutes to throw something in the oven. 

This recipe, which I've named Adobo Lime Chicken, is basically a simplified version of Sara's Chicken, but with a little zesty twist - fresh lime juice! In a nut shell, I just seasoned the chicken with olive oil, fresh garlic, a bunch of my homemade adobo and sazon, squeezed a fresh lime over it all, and stuffed the lime in the bird. It always surprises me when something quick and easy comes out SO GOOD. Give this a try and let me know what you think! Sorry that there's no exact measurements, but that's how I cook 90% of the time!

Adobo Lime Roasted Chicken Recipe
Recipe Ingredients
Whole chicken
Homemade Adobo seasoning
Homemade Sazon seasoning
4-5 garlic cloves
1 fresh lime 
1/4 cup olive oil 
1/2 cup water

Recipe Directions
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. 

2. Put chicken in a large roasting pan and coat with olive oil.

3. Season liberally with the homemade adobo and sazon seasonings, add chopped garlic, and put the  chicken "Breast-side down". 

4. Squeeze the juice of a fresh lime all over the chicken and place the lime halves inside of the chicken cavity. 

5. Add 1/2 cup of water to pan, cover with roasting pan lid, and roast for about 1.5 hours or until done.

6. Remove from oven and let rest for 10-15 minutes before carving. 

Enjoy!

XOXO, 
SMP

You Might Also Like

1 comment: