Search This Blog

Day 2 - Tabata Intervals

7/20/2012 *Sara-Marie* 0 Comments

Honestly, I know how to spell "intervals" but the news was on and they said "interview" while I was writing and I started writing INTERVIEW instead. My bad.

With Mark's help tonight, I completed Day 2 of the beginner crossfit program.

Tonight's WOD:

Tabata intervals (8 rounds of 20 seconds of work, followed by 10 seconds of rest) of pushups, sit-ups, and squats.

I can't do a real pushup yet, so I went with the modified version on my knees. The sit-ups were tough since I've worked out my core three days in a row so I'm a bit sore. The squats weren't too bad and I'm hoping I'm not too sore tomorrow because I'm going hiking! Also, in theory I should have finished in only 12 minutes, but I took a couple minute breaks in between the different exercises instead of going straight through. I probably wasn't supposed to - oops!

In other news, I'm very saddened by the tragic events that occurred last night in Colorado. My heart and prayers are with the families. The Word of the Day is dedicated to them:

Psalm 23:1-6 NKJV
A Psalm of David. The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His name’s sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil;
For You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord
Forever.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: