Search This Blog

A day at la playa!

7/03/2012 *Sara-Marie* 0 Comments


 

Days off for Mark are few and far between, so I'm so glad we were able to take advantage of today's wonderful weather at the beach! We went to Ocean Grove, NJ - which according to their website is "God's square mile on the Jersey Shore." We would have to agree.


As we approached the shore, this is what we found:

"If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." Romans 10:9

We were then greeted by a very nice woman who charged us $7 per person to get on the beach. Next to her was the following Scripture of the day. 

"How can a young man keep his ways pure? By living according to your Word." Psalm 119:9
Since for some reason swimming makes you ravenous, I made sure to pack plenty of healthy snacks and water:
lettuce wrapped turkey for lunch!
Gotta stay hydrated!

I also spent a lot of time taking pictures of Mark - typically he makes a big deal about it, but today he was all smiles. He must love me. <3
On our way there - still light skinned!
On the way home - nice and tanned and looking a little Puerto Rican-ish ;)
Soaking up the sun
having dinner - he was craving fried shrimp and clams - death food for me!
Did I mention how beautiful this beach was? Or the perfect weather?
Thank you sweet baby Jesus!


After Mark's skin reached its point of no return, we decided to walk about 2 blocks to the boardwalk. It was super cute.




We stopped to eat at Siculiana's


I had every intention to eat this meal sans pita bread, but it mysteriously made its way into my belly. It was worth it.
I must continue to confess my sins: we split a delicious cannoli for dessert as well! I know shame on me. But if you remember my post a couple of weeks ago, one of my mantras was to forgive myself often! :)

All in all, we had a FABULOUS day and can't wait to go back!
Almost back home to those beautiful Pocono Mountains!

PS: We just spent the last 30 minutes applying aloe vera on each other and due to the sun burn, that's probably the most amount of touching we'll be doing for a couple of days! :(

You Might Also Like

0 comments: