Search This Blog

I'm checking myself into FOOD REHAB!

7/31/2012 *Sara-Marie* 1 Comments

The

Yes, that's right. I'm officially quitting processed foods for the next 30 days by following the Whole30 program developed by Dallas and Melissa Hartwig.  I have been reading their book "It Starts with Food" and it's mind blowing how terrible processed foods really are for our bodies. LIKE, SERIOUSLY. I'm not finished with the book, but they are hosting an official Whole30 for the month of August and I want to officially start their program tomorrow as well. I have been dabbling with this lifestyle for about a month or two now, but I have definitely had some cheat meals/days. This CANNOT happen on the Whole30. To fully reap it's benefits, I must cut out, cold-turkey, all un-natural, overprocessed junk and only fill my belly with REAL FOOD. According to the program guidelines, "Eat real food – meat, seafood, eggs, tons of vegetables, some fruit, and plenty of good fats from fruit, oils, nuts and seeds." So that's what I'm going to do!

Plus, my birthday is on August 30th so my gift to myself is a body free of bad-food addictions and maybe a couple pounds lighter. That would be nice.

I am going to TRY MY BEST to post daily on what I am eating for two reasons:

1.) I want to prove that this is a doable lifestyle commitment
2.) Hold myself accountable

So I encourage you to follow me on my journey to a clean, real food lifestyle. Please feel free to leave comments as I'm sure I will need the encouragement. Also, please let me know if you want to join the club - I could sure use an accountability partner!

 PS: I have actually been "Whole30 compliant" the last two days - here's what I've been eating:

On Facebook I called this a tropical salad: greens, diced pork chops, sweet plantains, avocado, peppers, carrots. No dressing - just pan sauce/drippings from the pork.
Huge salad: greens, broccoli, tomatoes, avocado, peppers, zucchini, and about 4 oz of baked chicken (dark meat). No dressing, just pan juices/drippings from the chicken.
Crisp watermelon. One of my favorites.
3 strawberries, two handfuls of blueberries, 1/2 banana, 1/3 serving of pecans, and 1/2 cup of coconut milk. Delish.
It's not  bad to have a HUGE plate of food when 75% of your plate is full of veggies! Greens & tomatoes with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, broccoli, zoodles (zucchini cut into noodles), sauteed red peppers, and lean boneless pork chops.
another breakfast bowl, this time with almonds instead of pecans. Love this coconut milk. It's THE BOMB.
Roasted Brussels sprouts with bacon and two eggs fried in a bit of coconut oil
20 minutes of prep on Sunday has been clutch in keeping me eating healthy so far this week!



I know this may not be easy, but it's definitely doable. I don't even have to count calories - just make sure my plate is full of REAL food. And that I'm getting my carbs from vegetables/fruits, plenty of lean protein, and good fats. I can do this. You can do this. Any body can do this. Basically, just eat the way God designed us to eat: all of the wonderfully things He created in nature. Not the fake stuff created in labs.

Okay, here we go, I'm officially checking myself into Food Rehab.

XOXO,
SMP





You Might Also Like

1 comment:

  1. 3 Researches SHOW How Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you literally burn fat by consuming coconut fats (in addition to coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from big medical magazines are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete