Search This Blog

The Couch to 5K Running Plan

4/11/2011 *Sara-Marie* 0 Comments

Happy Monday!

For years, I have wanted to learn how to run. To be one of those women who graciously made her way down the road, in her cute workout clothes, pony-tail flopping in the air, and the beads of sweat glistening beautifully on her skin.Yea, I want to be her.

In the past, I've researched running plans, bought running shoes, but have not stuck with it. This time it is going to be different. I have been loving my walks with my walking buddies and I want to continue that. But I REALLY want to start doing the "Couch-to-5K Running Program" in the mornings before work. (Click Here for More Info). Scratch that -- I AM GOING TO START THE 9 WEEK PROGRAM THIS WEEK.

Here's the plan:

Week 1:
Three times this week, I WILL:
Do a brisk five-minute warm-up walk. Then alternate 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking for a total of 20 minutes.

I WILL do this Tuesday Morning, Thursday Morning, and Sunday Afternoon.

I WILL blog every Monday to discuss the prior week's results and get pumped for the next week's goals.

My hope is that by telling the world about my plan, it will keep me accountable.

Anybody want to join me in this challenge?

You Might Also Like

0 comments: