Search This Blog

Pizza or no Pizza?

4/06/2011 *Sara-Marie* 0 Comments

Today, I had a real test of willpower.

I just finished blogging the last couple of days on how good I've been on my weight loss journey. I found out yesterday that my company would be ordering Bertucci's for lunch today for a working meeting. Since I knew that I wouldn't be able to get up and bring in my own lunch, I would HAVE to eat some Bertucci's. At first I was nervous...ugh, I've been so good! I can't stop now! How can I resist the pizza?

So early this morning, I found out that one large slice of Bertucci's cheese pizza is about 7 points. Not bad. I could eat one.

Would I be able to stop at one? That was the true question.

In case I decided I wanted to eat two, I ate a filling, but low point breakfast (No Fat Cottage Cheese + Sliced Banana + Cinnamon = 2 yummy pts). As the clocked ticked to 12pm, I literally started to get nervous. I could smell the pizza once the delivery guy came down the hall...my tummy was grumbling...ahhh, this is going to be bad!

LUCKILY, they also ordered a HUGE garden salad. YES, I thought. I piled a whole plate of salad with a tiny bit of italian dressing (i'm assuming full fat) + some grilled chicken that I plucked off the top of a big creamy pasta dish. Thank goodness the chicken was just placed on top and not mixed into the pasta dish. And then I grabbed the smallest slice of pizza I could find.

I ate the salad first so I could fill myself up...I felt so empowered. I was really doing good. Then I ate that slice of  pizza and I REALLY enjoyed it. I felt full. I didn't need more. I just  finished tracking my meal and my guestimate is that I consumed about 12 points. A lot for lunch, but NOT bad at all considering my 2 pts breakfast. I still have 15 points left for dinner, which is perfect. Wow, I managed to have pizza for lunch and still stay on plan. I love WW!

And while others went up for 2nd and 3rds ( I was in a room full of 6 men), I stayed in my chair. I was definitely tempted to have another slice, but somehow I found the strength to stay put. And I'm so proud of myself.

"If you think you can do it, or you think you can't do it, You are right."
Henry Ford

You Might Also Like

0 comments: