Search This Blog

*Weigh-In Wednesdays - April 13, 2011*

4/13/2011 *Sara-Marie* 0 Comments


Good Morning!
Well it's Wednesday again, time for me to hop on the scale and see if my efforts this week have paid off. I was really excited about this weigh in because I had another really good week -- lots of activity points, stayed on plan every day, exercised my willpower, etc. I even had a dream just before waking up that I was trying to weigh in, but I couldn't get the scale to work. Then all these little children were around me trying to read the numbers on the scale and then I couldn't see over their heads. Then when I could finally see it, the scale said I was down like 15 pounds. Too bad it was only a dream.

In the real world, I only had a small loss this week of .4. I was really hoping for at least another pound, but I will take it. The last 4 weeks, I've lost a total of 4 pounds so that does average out to a pound a week. Right on track. Hopefully, next week I'll get another good drop!!

Gain/Loss Since Last Wednesday = -.4
Total Loss = -17.8

What I did well this week:
-I was super motivated and tracked EVERY day
-I earned 37 activity points! (About 10 miles of hiking/walking/running, a REALLY hard kickboxing class, 2 P90X DVD workouts)
-I showed some great self control. (Think Papa Gino's at a get together and I didn't even grab a slice. I turned my back to the pizza and didn't walk into kitchen!)

What I could have done better this week:
-I'm still not really committed to doing P90X 6 times a week. I think I will continue to just do two a week (when my workout buddy Leah comes over!) and keep working on the Couch to 5K running program in the mornings. When it comes down to it, I rather be outside.

Other Stats:
So I have a really fancy "Biggest Loser" scale that also calculates Body Fat %, Body Water %, Muscle Mass, and BMI. I don't always track these things, but in general I've noticed that my stats are getting better! Since I was only down .4 this week, I needed some other form of accomplishment so I compared my stats this morning to the first time I bought the scale in June 2010. After digging out the spreadsheet, I was pleasantly surprised by my findings:

Body Fat % -- Down 4%
Body Water % -- Up 1.5%
(The total body water percentage for women should be around 51% and for men 55%, I'm currently too low because I have too much fat!)
Muscle Mass -- Up 1%
BMI - Down 2.3

So this helps me to realize that I really am making progress to a healthier me. Slowly, but surely.

Here's to another great week full of motivation and willpower!

XOXO,
SMP

You Might Also Like

0 comments: