Search This Blog

Whole21* - Day 5 & A'sha Comes to Visit!

1/05/2013 *Sara-Marie* 0 Comments

Today was an eventful day!

Whole21* Eats - Day 5
1/4/13

Meal 1: I woke up a little late and work was busy first thing, so I only had a banana and a tablespoon of cashew butter for breakfast. I don't even have a picture because I had no time!

Meal 2: Lunchtime was a much more filling meal! We had 3 scrambled eggs, steak bites and lots of salsa. I think I made up for the protein I lacked in the morning!
Then, one of my dearest best friends from college decided to come visit me! It's been almost a year since I've seen A'sha, when she was a bridesmaid in my wedding last January. She's been busy becoming a doctor! Very proud of her. Her most recent rotation brought her within 3 hours of me, so she decided to come visit. Lucky me!

When she arrived, we got dolled up and went to a new tapas place in my area. It was really cute and the food was delicious!
S & A - All grown up :)

We talked for hours about everything and anything and it was so nice to catch up. In college, we were actually a trio - with my other best friend Stephanie. Wish she could have joined the fun!

Back when we were babies - Spring Break - Miami - 2005
Also Spring Break 2005 - it was a fun time! :)
There we are again - all grown up, getting married and stuff.
Okay, back to the food!

Meal 3: Asian pear salad and filet mignon. I tried to pick the safest meal options I could find on the menu, but I'm sure I consumed something technically not Whole30 compliant. It's just one of the risk of not preparing your own meal. But it was delicious and it was worth spending the time with my future doctor!

I'm excited to spend the rest of my weekend with A'sha. I think shopping and pedicures are in the near future!

XOXO,
SMP



*We are following the Whole30 program for only 21 days since 1) we've done it completely before and 2) we're just trying to clean up our habits before going on our anniversary trip on 1/20/13

You Might Also Like

0 comments: