Search This Blog

Quick & Easy Meal - Roasted Vegetable Medley with Chorizo Pork Sausage

1/13/2013 *Sara-Marie* 0 Comments



Tonight I came home starving from a long day and needed food fast! I would be lying if I didn't contemplate eating something "off-plan" so I knew I had to stuff good, healthy food in my mouth as soon as possible.

Without putting any more thought to the idea of take-out, I preheated the oven and started chopping all of the vegetables I had in my fridge. I started making my typical roasted vegetable dish (find recipe here) and then started thinking about what protein I would make alongside my veggies.

After staring in the fridge for a few minutes, I picked up a package of all natural chorizo sausage that I found in Wegman's this week.
I love finding minimally processed foods with an ingredient list I can pronounce!
Since the chorizo was fully cooked, I knew it didn't need much time in the oven to heat through. I quickly chopped the chorizo and added the pieces to the vegetables for the last 15 minutes of roasting.
Before joining the roasting veggies
The end product was not only delicious, but very satisfying and incredibly easy. In less than 40 minutes, I had a healthy and guilt-free meal in front of me that I thoroughly enjoyed.



YUM.

Roasted Vegetable Medley with Chorizo Pork Sausage

Recipe Ingredients

  • 1 zucchini
  • 2 bell peppers, any color
  • 1 large red onion
  • 1 cup of Brussels sprouts 
  • extra-virgin olive oil
  • salt & pepper to taste
  • 1-2 tbsp of herbes de Provence
  • 1 12oz package of all natural chorizo pork sausage   
Recipe Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  2. Dice all vegetables so that they are all around the same size and place in a large baking sheet.
  3. Drizzle enough extra-virgin olive oil so that  all vegetables are coated.
  4. Generously add salt, pepper and herbes de Provence.
  5. Roast for 15 minutes.
  6. While vegetables are roasting during their first 15 minutes, slice chorizo and then toss with vegetables.
  7. Roast for another 15 minutes. 
  8. Toss again, taste test, add more salt/pepper if needed.
  9. Enjoy!

You Might Also Like

0 comments: