Quick & Easy Meal - Roasted Vegetable Medley with Chorizo Pork Sausage
Tonight I came home starving from a long day and needed food fast! I would be lying if I didn't contemplate eating something "off-plan" so I knew I had to stuff good, healthy food in my mouth as soon as possible.
Without putting any more thought to the idea of take-out, I preheated the oven and started chopping all of the vegetables I had in my fridge. I started making my typical roasted vegetable dish (find recipe here) and then started thinking about what protein I would make alongside my veggies.
After staring in the fridge for a few minutes, I picked up a package of all natural chorizo sausage that I found in Wegman's this week.
|I love finding minimally processed foods with an ingredient list I can pronounce!|
|Before joining the roasting veggies|
Roasted Vegetable Medley with Chorizo Pork Sausage
- 1 zucchini
- 2 bell peppers, any color
- 1 large red onion
- 1 cup of Brussels sprouts
- extra-virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1-2 tbsp of herbes de Provence
- 1 12oz package of all natural chorizo pork sausage
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Dice all vegetables so that they are all around the same size and place in a large baking sheet.
- Drizzle enough extra-virgin olive oil so that all vegetables are coated.
- Generously add salt, pepper and herbes de Provence.
- Roast for 15 minutes.
- While vegetables are roasting during their first 15 minutes, slice chorizo and then toss with vegetables.
- Roast for another 15 minutes.
- Toss again, taste test, add more salt/pepper if needed.