Search This Blog

My Whole30 - Day 14 & 15

8/15/2012 *Sara-Marie* 0 Comments

The

Since my days are pretty much looking the same and this new way of eating has become more of the norm, I'm going to continue to combine a few days into one blog post. So here we are at Day 14 & Day 15!!!

 HALF WAY DONE MAH HOMIES! ;)

DAY 14 - WHOLE30 EATS

BREAKFAST: 3 egg omelet with sundried tomatoes (packed in olive oil) and some fresh basil
 It actually took me a while to find sundried tomatoes that weren't packed with a bunch of crazy fillers and preservatives, so read your labels people!

LUNCH: Some left over ground beef skillet that I spruced up with some cashews and scallions. So good.
And who doesn't like eating out of an over sized mug??

For dinner, I made (you guessed it!) ROASTED VEGGIES! I REALLY love roasting my veggies and I don't care how many times I've done it, I must always take a picture and stand in awe of the pretty colors!

I Love me some farm fresh produce!
To go along with the roasted veggies, I made super easy cilantro lime pork chops.

Ingredients: salt, pepper, fresh crushed garlic, fresh lime juice and lime zest, chicken broth, and some fresh cilantro
Dinner was yummy!

While Mark was enjoying some ice cream for dessert, I had some frozen mango chunks and a handful of cashews. Salty and sweet always hits the spot for me!

DAY 15 - WHOLE30 EATS

BREAKFAST - THE BOMB. Diced sweet potatoes with pork sausage, topped with an egg and 1/4 avocado. Oh and cilantro. Can't forget the cilantro!
LUNCH: Ground beef skillet salad? Similar to the ground beef skillet I made the other day, except this one has red peppers, carrots, celery, cashews, coconut aminos (soy sauce substitute), garlic, cinnamon and ginger.  All over some greens. Very good.
 Before I started making dinner, I decided to pull out one of my WOD popsicle sticks:

10 pushups + 10 situps + 10 squats - 10 ROUNDS.
 It was tough towards the end, but I felt strong for pushing through. And it's kinda cool to say that I've done 100 pushups, 100 situps and 100 squats today. All in about 20 minutes. I had a few dancing breaks since I had Pandora on and sometimes when your jam comes on, you just have to wiggle it.

After I threw dinner in the oven and washed the dishes, I was feeling pretty famished. I still had over an hour before dinner would be ready so I decided to heat up about a cup of left over roasted veggies.

Roasted red onions are my absolute favorite. They get sooo sweet and so amazingly delicious.

 So here's din-din still doing its thing in the oven.
Lemon Rosemary Garlic Chicken

While the chicken rested, I decided to make a gravy by adding a little bit of Ghee (organic clarified butter), stoneground dijon mustard, and chopped fresh mint to the chicken drippings. Tasted AMAZING.
 I wasn't sure about the mint, but I have so much of it left over from the fish marinade I made last week so I figured I would give it a try. Not to toot my own horn or anything, but it was an amazing addition to the gravy. (TOOT-TOOT!)

My plate: chicken over greens and left over veggies
I actually ended up having more chicken since I was still hungry (and it was yummy!)

And tonight, while Mark was having his ice-cream, I had no desire to have anything else! I felt satisfied and ready for snuggles!

Here's to the next 15 days - hoping it's just as full of delicious, real food!
________________________________________________________________________________
I am blogging my way through the Whole30 program, based on the book “It Starts with Food.” Click here to find out more and join me if you’d like! I dare you. Triple doggy dare you. ;)

You Might Also Like

0 comments: