Search This Blog

My Whole30 - Day 28-29

8/29/2012 *Sara-Marie* 0 Comments

The

DAYS 28 & 29 - I'm almost there! The finish line is in sight!

Truth be told - I don't really want to change my new habits. Isn't that the whole point of making a lifestyle change? Why wouldn't I continue to do what has worked so well and makes me feel so great? I want to continue to solidify these new habits for good.

I am really proud of myself for sticking with it. This is the most committed I've been to a program EVER. Maybe because it's really just common sense? Eat real food. Eat until you're satisfied. Don't eat crap.

Works for me!

DAY 28 - WHOLE30 EATS

Breakfast: I didn't wake up hungry, so I just had a banana and a little almond butter. Around mid morning, I started to get hungrier so I decided to have a beef jerky. And then that satisfied me for hours. It was kind of weird how I just wasn't all that hungry today.

Lunch & Dinner: Around 2pm, I decided to cook enough for lunch and dinner. I quickly whipped up one of my FAVORITE Giada recipes: roasted chicken in balsamic vinaigrette. Except I used boneless/skinless chicken thighs instead of a whole chicken and I simmered on the stove top, while I roasted a tray of cauliflower in EVOO, salt, pepper, italian seasoning blend. It came out soooo goood.

I wish you could smell this dish from the picture - the aroma is amazing!
I can't believe how much I've grown to LOVE cauliflower!
Topped it off with some fresh parsley! VERY satisfying.
 DAY 29 - WHOLE30 EATS

Breakfast:
2 fried eggs with grape tomatoes and 1/4 avocado
Lunch: 
Nothing beats leftovers! Cauliflower & balsamic chicken
My parents invited me over for Dinner so I made sure to roast some veggies to bring along. They went perfectly with the protein of the night! My dad LOVES to roast country style pork ribs. And for good reason. They were delicious. 
 
After sharing old stories, hours of laughter, and helping my baby sister with her homework, I made my way home. I thought it was an appropriate time for a treat:

This flavor is WONDERFUL. One of my favorites!
 So here we are - just one more day to complete my Whole30! I feel like just yesterday I was contemplating whether or not I could really commit to a full 30 days of clean eating. And now I just have one more day left. AND tomorrow is my birthday -  what a wonderful gift to myself. 

The gift of health, happiness, confidence, and empowerment.

23 years ago! Why wasn't anyone else happy that it was MY special day?
__________________________________________________________________________________
 I am blogging my way through the Whole30 program, based on the book "It Starts With Food." Click here to find out more and join me if you'd like! I dare you. Triple doggy dare you. ;)

You Might Also Like

0 comments: